VVSD Job Training Services
If you are a veteran struggling to find work, you can improve your marketability by taking advantage of a host of job preparedness workshops and vocational training programs available through VVSD. All of our services are FREE.
At our San Diego employment and training office, VVSD regularly puts on workshops in areas such as:
Some of our workshops are led by outside experts. Career coach and resume writer Jon Sosa, a regular volunteer at VVSD, recently helped one of our veterans land an $80,000 job as a plumber.
We help veterans identify vocational training programs and offer financial assistance to pay for them. Over the past three decades, VVSD has built extensive partnerships with companies, public agencies, and professional associations, such as Associated General Contractors, that offer apprenticeships and other training opportunities.
- Resume writing
- Job interviews
- Job search
Some of the vocational programs we help veterans access and pay for include:
Training is available through the following programs:
- HVAC renovation
- Wind technology
- Smart Meter installation
- Solar Installation
- Truck driving
- Public safety/weapons permit
- Licensed vocational nursing
- Certified nursing assistant
Training resources are available at three locations:
- Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP): Funded by the U.S. Department of Labor, this program focuses on reintegrating homeless veterans into society by helping them find meaningful employment.
- Veterans Employment-Related Assistance Program (VEAP): Funded by the California Employment Development Department, this program helps service members who recently separated from the military assess career options and secure employment.