VVSD Rehabilitation Program
We believe intensive treatment leads to self-sustaining independence,
the maximizing of human potential and a meaningful, fulfilling life.
Our veterans are worthy of nothing less.
VETERANS REHABILITATION CENTER A 170 bed state-licensed drug and alcohol rehabilitation center that serves both men and women military veterans.
The leading causes of homelessness among veterans are substance use disorders and behavioral health and wellness issues.
VVSD provides intensive, residential rehabilitation programs targeting substance use disorders, post-traumatic stress (PTS) and other behavioral health issues, chronic relapse and other personal and family issues that prevent veterans from regaining self-sufficiency.
- Substance use disorder is a chronic relapsing disease that results from the prolonged effects of alcohol/drugs on the human brain.
- It is a disease not much different from other chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, asthma or cancer.
- Unfortunately, there is a wide gap between the scientific facts and public perceptions.
- Many, perhaps most, people see drug abuse and addiction as social problems, and that addiction is caused by a "lack of will power."
- However, we know that substance use disorders and addiction are more a health problem than social problem.
- Like diabetes, hypertension, asthma and cancer, addiction cannot be cured, but it can be treated and managed.
VVSD programs are highly structured and are tailored to meet individual needs. Residents in our facilities receive a host of integrated services, including:
- Comprehensive Clinical Assessments
- Individual and Group sessions
- Case Management
- Alcohol and other Drug Education and Counseling
- Complementary Alternative Therapies