North County Veteran Employment ServicesAddress:
4700 North River Rd., Suite A
Oceanside, CA 92057
If you are a veteran in need of employment and training assistance, you have come to the right place. Our case managers will provide you with individual attention and guidance throughout your job search.
Over the past three decades, VVSD has developed an extensive network of businesses, employment agencies and training resources.
VVSD's North County office is conveniently located across the street from the North County Career Center where you can access:
- Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP): This program reintegrates homeless veterans into society by helping them find meaningful employment.
- Green Jobs Training: This program provides funding and other resources to veterans to get training for green jobs, such as solar installation and green automotive technology.
- Programs for Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans: These programs provide employment assistance, including financial aid for job training, specifically for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans.
- Job training and job placement
- Assessment and referrals
- Short-term vocational training
- Transportation assistance, such as monthly bus passes and debit cards for gas
- Financial help to pay for tools and clothing for work
The enrollment process consists of orientation and assessment testing. No appointment is necessary.
The orientation will inform you of our services in detail and the requirements and procedures for enrollment. You must attend an orientation prior to taking the assessment test. The test measures aptitude, abilities and skill levels. While carefully considering your interests and values, our staff will help you figure out which occupations you will most likely succeed in.
Interested in hiring a veteran? Please contact
, VVSD's director of employment services.
- Orientation every Tuesday and Thursday at 8 a.m.
- Assessment testing every Tuesday and Thursday at 8 a.m.